Sunday, June 29, 2008

Review-Predator's of Darkness

A few months ago I was the lucky recipient of a copy of PREDATORS OF DARKNESS by Leonard D. Hilley II. I started it almost immediately but due to life getting in the way, I didn't get back to it as soon as I would have liked. This weekend I started it again and I just finished it and I am so VERY glad I read it.

PREDATORS OF DARKNESS is a dark book, full of suspense and on the edge of a horror story. Horror stories are not my normal read and I was hesitant to start it but once I did, I was hooked!

The strong characters grab you and don't let you go through the entire book. The setting is >Pittsburg, after a nuclear missile attack. Mr. Hilley's descriptions make you feel like you are there in the midst of the destruction and horror. Mutant animal creatures are stalking the survivors and staying alive is the name of the game as they try to survive in this horrible situation.

But where did these creatures come from and how did they develop so fast? Is there more to the story than just a nuclear attack and it's horrible aftermath? Is the government carrying out secret experiments or it is the result of other secret organizations?

You will definitely want to read PREDATORS OF DARKNESS to find the answers. I am looking forward to Mr. Hilley's next book in the series!

No comments: