Monday, February 26, 2007

Mary from the Library Book Review:

Hi! For those that do not know me....I am the Head Branch Librarian at the Hardin County Public Library. I would love to thank Debbie for giving me this chance to share my love of reading with everyone. Each week I will try to give everyone a taste of the current book that I am reading and talk about some trends that I see in this area.

This Weeks Rave: "Deep Storm" By Lincoln Child.

Preston/Child has been a writing team that I have enjoyed very much. The "Pendergast" novels are awesome. "Deep Storm" is Lincoln Child's third solo novel. Each novel that he writes solo seems to get better each time and "Deep Storm" is no exception.

Naval Physician, Pete Cane is sent out to investigate a mysterious disease that is attacking the crew of an oil rig. Those affected are actually members of an undersea research laboratory who are excavating a deep water archeological site. The tension in this story will lead the reader eagerly to the next secret that is hidden so far under the sea. The story grabbed me from the first page. I am not a fan of technological trillers but the fast pace of this book and the mystery of what lurks beneath the sea will thrill most readers. My score 8. A good read.

Other novels by Lincoln Child: " Death Match" and Utopia."

No comments: